HomeBloggersUIL State Bound 2007

Wylie: Bethany Vose

Wylie_BethanyVose.jpgAge: 17

Grade: 11th

Event: Feature Writing

How long you’ve been competing: This is my second year.

What’s the most challenging/nerve-wracking thing about your event: The way my event is graded makes it difficult. It gets to be somewhat opinionated. I can follow the rules on the style of writing 100%, but it's up to the judge on whether or not the overall article is good.

First thing you’ll do when you win: I won't believe it, and then I'll call my family. First my grandma, then my parents.

Past honors in the event: Last year I won 2nd place at the Sonora UIL Meet and 6th place at the district meet. This year I won 1st at the district meet, and 3rd at region.

Extracurricular activities/other UIL events: I'm also in the Pure Gold Band, in which I am next year's Senior Drum Major, and I write for the school newspaper.

College plans: I plan on going to the University of North Texas in Denton and major in journalism.

Birthplace: Abilene

One thing your parents, a sibling or even a best friend might not know about you: I don't thank my family and friends enough for their support through everything. If I start to doubt myself, they are always there to keep me going. Without them I wouldn't accomplish my goals.

Comments

This site does not necessarily agree with comments posted below -- responsibility lies with the relevant reader alone.

Posted by: Zachary McKennon on April 29, 2007 6:36 PM

This is definitely my best friend and I'm pretty sure that I'm mucho proud of her for everything. From working on the things I helped her with which caused her to be selected as drum major to going to state UIL. I am very proud and hope for the best when she goes to state! :)

Posted by: Anonymous on April 30, 2007 3:08 PM

best of luck cool kid!! :]

Posted by: Katie Adamski on April 30, 2007 4:20 PM

wahoo!!! go cool kid!!! if you place, i will buy you starbucks.

Posted by: Dusty Smith on April 30, 2007 4:34 PM

You'll do simply amazing, beautiful. :)

kick some butt. :)

Posted by: Cathy Cazares on April 30, 2007 7:20 PM

I've always been proud of you from the day you were born. Keep growing stronger, you're the most amazing niece ever. I will personally come to Abilene and give you lots of hugs and kisses and give you $100.00, plus,plus,plus. I know you will win so hurray for Bethany. I love you
Aunt Cathy

Posted by: Michael on April 30, 2007 9:29 PM

Brains and beauty... who would have thought?!

Posted by: Blakeleigh on May 2, 2007 6:06 PM

Aww I am so proud of you dear!!! Good luck, I know you will be AMAZING! LOVE YOU!

Posted by: Aaron on May 4, 2007 9:04 PM

Hey, good job I probably would have gotten dead last. Have fun Saturday!