HomeBloggersUIL State Bound 2007

Wylie: Randall Fowler

Wylie_RandallFowler.jpgAge: 17

Grade: Junior

Event: Social Studies, Current Events

How long you’ve been competing: I've been competing since I was a freshman in current events, since I was a sophomore in social studies

What’s the most challenging/nerve-wracking thing about your event: It's always slightly nerve-wracking to think about what the questions are going to be, espeically the essay

First thing you’ll do when you win: I will probably celebrate not having to worry about UIL for 4 months

Past honors in the event: Won state current events in 2005 and 2006 as a team, won 3rd place individual in current events in 2006, won state social studies in 2006 as a team

Extracurricular activities/other UIL events: I play football, and I am also active in FCA, Beltway youth group, Student Council, PALS, NHS, and am currently working at Beltway Park after school

College plans: Not sure what I want to major in, but will probably go to either Texas A&M or Baylor

Birthplace: Abilene

Comments

This site does not necessarily agree with comments posted below -- responsibility lies with the relevant reader alone.

Posted by: Herbert Price on April 29, 2007 8:17 PM

Hey Randall, Congratulations, we sure are proud of you. Keep up the good work. God bless you.
Papa and Grandma

Posted by: Kayla Fowler on April 29, 2007 9:42 PM

Randall, All of your hard work is paying off! I am proud of you for using the gifts God has given you. Study hard this week! I love you, Mom

Posted by: Bethany Fowler on April 29, 2007 10:09 PM

yo bro! okay, so i figured you needed a little note from your favorite sister ever. =) goodluck! do your best...make me proud. love ya!

Posted by: Christi Klempnauer on April 30, 2007 9:10 AM

Way to go Randall! I am sure you will do awesome! Keep us posted. :-)

Posted by: Dr. Craig Klempnauer on April 30, 2007 9:12 PM

Randall, As I pen this, it is raining...hard. Best wishes to you this week in Austin. Do your family and Wylie proud. As we say in Bear Country, "Sic 'em!" Uncle Craig

Posted by: Bethany Vose on April 30, 2007 9:27 PM

so state is going to be pretty fun. congratulations!!

Posted by: Courtney Broaddus on April 30, 2007 11:13 PM

Hey smart cuz! So... with all of your intelligence, I just know that Baylor will adequately challenge your learning while A&M may be a little "too easy" if ya know what I mean... way to be the smart grandkid! =) Good Luck!!

Posted by: Elvis on May 1, 2007 10:21 PM

Hey man, show 'em how I would do it! Remember...Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine

Posted by: Julie Bright on May 6, 2007 7:00 AM

Randall, Great job in Austin! It is refreshing to see young people go the distance. Your mom simply beams when she speaks of you.
congratulations!